In this section, POLYMAXITALIA provides a personalised consultancy and support service to quickly obtain a targeted and effective solution for problems caused by noise.
Our technicians will use the information you provide to carry out a series of checks to identify the sound insulation materials compatible with your building system.
On completion of the checks, you will be given a technical document containing the solution best suited to your needs.

1Is it possible to insulate an existing wall even further?
Yes it is. Bearing in mind that the more space we have to intervene, the better the final result. There are very effective products and systems that allow significantly increasing sound insulation, even with a thickness of 3.5 cm.
2Where should I place the impact sound insulation in the presence of underfloor heating panels?
The sound insulation covering should always be positioned underneath the floor heating panel and it is recommended to use Polyband AD as a perimeter strip. Whatever the product, it must not lay on top of the heating panels, but only near it, and sealed with the Rotocell AD strip.
3Are there any elastic joints that prevent the creation of acoustic bridges on false walls in plasterboard?
Yes there are. It is very important to use them to prevent the creation of acoustic bridges that would affect the performance of the coupled sheets. Elastic Par is the suitable vibration-damping bracket for false walls.
4Is it true that the lower the dynamic rigidity of an impact soundproofing product, the better its acoustic performance?
It depends on the kind of material used. There are products on the market with very low dynamic rigidity, but that completely lose their effectiveness under the screed because they are too soft. This data is very important, and must be interpreted well because it can also hide some surprises. For example, our Microbit 4+2 has a rigidity of 40 MN/3 which would seem high compared to other materials; instead from data measured on site, it turns out to be one of the best performing products on the market.
5Can any professional perform the tests on site?
The law is very clear on this point, and describes very well that that tests on site, to be considered in accordance with the law, must be performed only and exclusively by a “Sound Insulation Technician” i.e. a professional who has sound knowledge of the rules to be applied for the various measurements to be performed.


Fill out the form below to send your data to one of our experts

    I accept the registration and use of my data according to the European Regulation 679/2016 for the Protection of Personal Data.